Deadline to Qatar for accepting demands extended by 48 hours

Deadline to Qatar for accepting demands extended by 48 hoursUpdated on : 03-07-2017 07:51 AM
Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, Bahrain and Egypt had on June 5 announced they were severing ties with their Gulf neighbour, sparking the diplomatic crisis in the region

The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, the Kingdom of Bahrain and the Arab Republic of Egypt have accepted the request of the Amir of Kuwait Sheikh Sabah Al-Ahmad Al-Jaber Al Sabah, to extend the deadline given to the Government of Qatar for 48 hours for meeting its demand to end its diplomatic and economic isolation.

A joint statement by the four countries said that the deadline has been extended by two days ‘in response to the Amir of Kuwait following the Qatari Government confirmation that it will send its official reply to the list of demands by Monday’.

Kuwait is acting as a mediator in the current Gulf crisis.

The joint statement also said that ‘four countries' reply will be sent after studying and evaluating the Qatari Government's response to the complete list of demands.’

Earlier, these four countries had given a list of 13 demands to Qatar and a 10 days ultimatum to meet them, which expired on Sunday.

Closure of Al Jazeera channel, downgrading of ties with Iran, severing links with terrorist organizations like ISIS, Al Qaida and Muslim Brotherhood, closure of Turkish military base are some of the demands which the four Arab Nations have made on Doha.

Qatar has so far made no positive indication of accepting these demands stating that these demands are ‘unrealistic’ but are willing to discuss ‘legitimate concerns’.

On 5th June the four Arab nations had cut off diplomatic links with Qatar accusing it of funding terrorism and creating instability in the region, a charge which Doha denies.


1
Indian American among 12 new NASA astronauts

Indian American among 12 new NASA astronauts

Updated on : 08-06-2017 07:27 PM
Indian American Raja Chari, a lieutenant colonel with the US Air Force, is among 12 new astronaut candidates selected by NASA who will take part in future deep space missions.
Current Affairs
I&B Minister Venkaiah Naidu launches new DD News we...

Information and Broadcasting Minister Venkaiah Naidu on Thursday launched the new website of DD News, www.ddnews.gov.in.

Updated on : 06-07-2017 02:16 PM
Weather
 

DD News,Copernicus Marg
New Delhi-110001
Phone No. :
Designed and maintained by National Informatics Centre(NIC)

Since December 2013
Total Visitors:52214911
© Copyright DDNews 2013, All Rights Reserved.